Learning how to us a knife correctly is one of the rudimentary skills of cooking.
- An example of rudimentary skills are basic reading, writing and math skills.
- An example of rudimentary is a simple organism such as a single celled organism that has not evolved into a complex plant or animal.
The definition of rudimentary is basic skills, the early stages of development or basic fundamental concepts of education.
of, or having the nature of, a rudiment or rudiments; specif.,
- incompletely or imperfectly developed
- Of or relating to basic facts or principles; elementary: I have only a rudimentary knowledge of Greek.
- Being in an early stage of development or having a simple form: traveled upriver in a rudimentary boat.
- Biology Imperfectly or incompletely developed: a mutant mouse with rudimentary claws.