- Advanced is defined as ahead, forward or further along.
A 10 year old who is in high school is an example of someone who is advanced.
- The definition of advanced means to have moved forward.
An example of advanced is a team who moved from fifth to first place.
- moved forward; in front: an advanced military post
- far on in time or in a course of action or events: despite his advanced age, at an advanced stage in the trial
- ahead or beyond others in progress, complexity, etc.: advanced studies
- ahead of the times: her advanced views on education
- Highly developed or complex.
- Being at a higher level than others: an advanced text in physics.
- Ahead of the times; progressive: advanced teaching methods.
- Far along in course or time: an advanced stage of illness; a person of advanced age.
- simple past tense and past participle of advance
(comparative more advanced, superlative most advanced)
- At or close to the state of the art.
- Having moved forward in time or space (e.g. advanced ignition timing).
- In a late stage of development; greatly developed beyond an initial stage.
- (phonetics) Pronounced farther to the front of the vocal tract.
advance + -ed