The definition of farthest is something that is a longer, measurable physical distance.
An example of farthest is Pluto, the farthest known body from the sun in our hemisphere.
- most distant; most remote
- Rare most extended; longest
Origin of farthestMiddle English ferthest: see farther
- at or to the greatest distance or most remote point in space or time
- to the greatest degree or extent; most
adjectiveA superlative of far.
Most remote or distant.
adverbA superlative of far.
- To or at the most distant or remote point.
- To or at the most advanced point or stage.
- By the greatest extent or degree.
Origin of farthestMiddle English ferthest, superlative of farther; see farther.