- The definition of ahead is to be in front of someone or something.
An example of ahead is to describe a person who is in line in front of you at the post office and who will be served before you.
- Ahead is defined as someone or something moving in a forward direction.
An example of the word ahead is to say that bikers are moving forward.
- Ahead means winning or being closer to achieving something than someone else.
An example of the word ahead is to describe a person that is closer to winning a race.
- in or to the front
- forward; onward
- toward the future; in advance
- winning or leading
- having something as a profit or advantage
get ahead of
- At or to the front or head.
- a. In advance; before: Pay ahead, and you'll receive a discount.b. In or into the future; for the future: planned ahead.
- a. In an advanced position or a configuration registering the future: Set the clock ahead.b. At or to a different time; earlier or later: moved the appointment ahead, from Tuesday to Monday.
- a. In a forward direction; onward: The train moved ahead slowly.b. In the prescribed direction or sequence for normal use: You won't hear anything unless you roll the tape ahead.
- In or into a more advantageous position: wanted to get ahead in life.