- The definition of incomplete is something that is missing pieces or parts, or something that is not yet done.
- When you get a bed to put together and you are missing three screws and one leg, this is an example of the bed being incomplete.
- When you are about half-way done writing your term paper, this is an example of an incomplete paper.
An incomplete building.
- lacking a part or parts; not whole; not full
- unfinished; not concluded
- not perfect; not thorough
Origin of incompleteMiddle English incompleet ; from Late Latin incompletus: see in- and amp; complete
- incompletion of assigned work in a course
- a grade or mark (usually I) indicating incompletion of assigned work
- Not complete.
- Football Not caught in bounds or intercepted: an incomplete forward pass.
A grade indicating that the requirements for an academic course or assignment have not been met.
- in′com·plete′ness, in′com·ple′tion
(comparative more incomplete, superlative most incomplete)
- Not complete; not filled up; not finished; not having all its parts, or not having them all adjusted; imperfect; defective.
- (botany) Of a flower, wanting any of the usual floral organs.