- The definition of incomplete is something that is missing pieces or parts, or something that is not yet done.
- When you get a bed to put together and you are missing three screws and one leg, this is an example of the bed being incomplete.
- When you are about half-way done writing your term paper, this is an example of an incomplete paper.
An incomplete building.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- lacking a part or parts; not whole; not full
- unfinished; not concluded
- not perfect; not thorough
Origin: Middle English incompleet from Late Latin incompletus: see in- and amp; complete
- incompletion of assigned work in a course
- a grade or mark (usually I) indicating incompletion of assigned work
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Not complete.
- Football Not caught in bounds or intercepted: an incomplete forward pass.
- inˌcom·pleteˈly adverb
- inˌcom·pleteˈness, inˌcom·pleˈtion noun