The definition of truncated is cut short.
An example of truncated used as an adjective is the phrase a truncated shirt which means a shirt that has had its sleeves cut off.
- cut short or appearing as if cut short
- cut off or replaced by a plane face: said of the angles or edges of a crystal or solid figure
- having its angles or edges cut off or replaced in this way: said of the crystal or solid figure
- having the vertex cut off by a plane that is not parallel to the base: said of a cone or pyramid
- truncate ( & )
- Having the apex cut off and replaced by a plane, especially one parallel to the base. Used of a cone or pyramid.
- Lacking one or more syllables, especially in the final foot; catalectic.
- Shortened or reduced: a truncated version of the story.
- Simple past tense and past participle of truncate.