fractional definition by Webster's New World
- of or forming a fraction or fractions
- very small; unimportant; insignificant
- Chem. designating or of any of various processes for separating the constituents of a mixture by taking advantage of differences in their solubility, boiling points, etc.: fractional distillation
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- fractionally adverb
fractional definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or constituting a fraction.
- Very small; insignificant: a minor candidate's fractional share of the vote.
- Being in fractions or pieces.
- fracˈtion·al·ly adverb