- done; done successfully; completed
- skilled; proficient: an accomplished pianist
- having social poise; polished
- Accomplished is defined as highly skilled or expert.
The valedictorian of Harvard University is an example of an accomplished person.
- The definition of accomplished means to have finished something successfully.
George Washington and Abraham Lincoln are two examples of individuals who have accomplished the task of being president.
- Skilled; expert: an accomplished pianist. See Synonyms at proficient.
- Having many social graces; polished or refined.
- Unquestionable; indubitable: That smoking causes health problems is an accomplished fact.
(comparative more accomplished, superlative most accomplished)
- Completed; effected; established; as, an accomplished fact
- Complete in acquirements usually as a result of training; -- commonly in a good sense; as, an accomplished scholar, an accomplished villain
- simple past tense and past participle of accomplish
- First attested in the late 15th century.
- (completed): First attested in the 1570's.
- From accomplish + -ed.
- You set your goal and accomplished it.
- We accomplished little the rest of the day.
- I told him I had no idea how you accomplished what you did but you were a crystal ball of an asset to us.
- This was accomplished by calling the Franks in against the Lombards.
- On the other hand, maybe his personality was what made him an accomplished salesman.