- Nascent is defined as something that is just beginning.
A brand new company that is just opening is an example of a company that would be described as nascent.
A couple stand outside their nascent business.
nascent definition by Webster's New World
- coming into being; being born
- beginning to form, start, grow, or develop: said of ideas, cultures, etc.
- Chem. designating or of the state of an element just released from a compound and having unusual chemical activity because atoms of the element have not combined to form molecules: nascent chlorine
Origin: Classical Latin nascens, present participle of nasci, to be born: see genus
nascent definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Origin: Latin nāscēns, nāscent-, present participle of nāscī, to be born; see genə- in Indo-European roots.
- nasˈcen·cy noun
nascent - Medical Definition
- Coming into existence; emerging.
- Of or relating to the state of a chemical element at the moment it is set free from one of its compounds.
- nascency noun