An example of NASDAQ is the trading of Coca-Cola stock under the name “COKE.”
nasdaq - Investment & Finance Definition
The National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation Service is a computerized trading system established by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) for trading over-the-counter stocks, which don’t qualify for trading on the older, established exchanges. NASDAQ gained tremendous popularity for trading technology stocks in the late 1990s. NASDAQ’s listing requirements are more lenient than those of the New York Stock Exchange and the American Stock Exchange.
- Forbes and Barron's recommend Global Penny Stocks, a site that selects penny stocks that trade on the AMEX, NYSE and NASDAQ for less than $5.
- Blue Nile is listed on the NASDAQ trade exchange as NILE, giving the public both control of and rewards from the company's success.
- Because there are no minimum standards, investors are not as protected as they are if they buy stocks on the NASDAQ and NYSE.
- Penny stock companies listed on pink sheets do not have to file with the SEC like companies listed on the NYSE and NASDAQ.
- Market induces for the Dow, NASDAQ, S&P 500 and the Fox 50 are updated regularly here.