- of, at, or forming the base
- being the base or basis; basic; fundamental
- Bot. growing from the base of a stem
- basally adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. Of, relating to, located at, or forming a base.b. Botany Located at or near the base of a plant stem, or at the base of any other plant part: basal placentation.
- Of primary importance; basic.
- basˈal·ly adverb
basal - Medical Definition
- Of, relating to, located at, or forming a base, usually of an organ or a tooth.
- Of, relating to, of situated at the lowest level, as of an organ.