basal definition by Webster's New World
- of, at, or forming the base
- being the base or basis; basic; fundamental
- Bot. growing from the base of a stem
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- basally adverb
basal definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a. Of, relating to, located at, or forming a base.b. Botany Located at or near the base of a plant stem, or at the base of any other plant part: basal placentation.
- Of primary importance; basic.
- basˈal·ly adverb
basal - Medical Definition
- Of, relating to, located at, or forming a base, usually of an organ or a tooth.
- Of, relating to, of situated at the lowest level, as of an organ.