- a plant (Armoracia lapathifolia) of the crucifer family, grown for its pungent, white, fleshy root
- a relish made of the grated root
- a. A coarse Eurasian plant (Armoracia rusticana) in the mustard family, having a thick, whitish, pungent root, large basal leaves, and white flowers in a terminal panicle.b. The roots of this plant.
- a. A sharp condiment made from the grated roots of this plant.b. Any of various pungent condiments resembling horseradish, such as wasabi.
(countable and uncountable, plural horseradishes)
- Better Homes and Gardens New Diabetic Cookbook: With an entrée collection including Sesame Chicken, Horseradish Flank Steak, and Fish with Cherry Relish, you are sure to find meals the entire family will love.
- For people who want to experiment a bit with this recipe, add a little salt and pepper, some freshly grated horseradish for kick and consider adding gherkins, green cocktail olives or cocktail onions.
- Other flavors that might appeal to you include Horseradish Corn on the Cob, Grilled Corn with Ancho and Lime Butter, and Corn with Bacon and Chili Powder.
- Planting horseradish with potatoes makes the spuds more disease resistant.
- We ate Polish sausage and sauerkraut and some kick ass horseradish.