A village in an underdeveloped country.
- An example of something underdeveloped is a country that has many poor people and bad living conditions.
- An example of something underdeveloped is a small fish that must get thrown back into the lake.
The definition of underdeveloped is having a low standard of living, or immature.
not developed to the proper or desirable degree; specif., so inadequately developed economically and industrially as to have a relatively low standard of living: underdeveloped nations
- Not fully developed: seeds with underdeveloped embryos.
- Processed in too weak a developing solution, or for too short a time, or at too low a temperature to produce a normal degree of contrast. Used of film.
- Having a low level of economic productivity and technological sophistication within the contemporary range of possibility; developing: underdeveloped countries.
(comparative more underdeveloped, superlative most underdeveloped)
- Simple past tense and past participle of underdevelop.