A village in an underdeveloped country.
- An example of something underdeveloped is a country that has many poor people and bad living conditions.
- An example of something underdeveloped is a small fish that must get thrown back into the lake.
The definition of underdeveloped is having a low standard of living, or immature.
not developed to the proper or desirable degree; specif., so inadequately developed economically and industrially as to have a relatively low standard of living: underdeveloped nations
- Not fully developed: seeds with underdeveloped embryos.
- Processed in too weak a developing solution, or for too short a time, or at too low a temperature to produce a normal degree of contrast. Used of film.
- Having a low level of economic productivity and technological sophistication within the contemporary range of possibility; developing: underdeveloped countries.
(comparative more underdeveloped, superlative most underdeveloped)
- Simple past tense and past participle of underdevelop.
underdeveloped - Medical Definition
Not fully developed: seeds with underdeveloped embryos.
- During a physical examination, the doctor looks for underdeveloped breasts and genitalia, webbed neck, short stature, low hairline in back, simian crease (a single crease in the palm), and abnormal development of the chest.
- Children are more likely to suffer sports injuries than adults since a child's vulnerability is heightened by immature reflexes, an inability to recognize and evaluate risks, and underdeveloped coordination.
- In underdeveloped nations where vitamin A deficiency is prevalent among children, death and disease often result from severe infections caused from common childhood illnesses such as measles and diarrhea.
- Although rare, hypoplastic left heart syndrome, a condition in which the left side of the heart is underdeveloped, is the most serious congenital cardiovascular defect.
- The duodenal channel may be underdeveloped (duodenal hypoplasia), narrowed (duodenal stenosis), or the duodenum channel may not be properly formed (duodenal atresia).