- thermal insulation for wrapping around pipes, boilers, etc.
- a wood framework to support an arch while it is being built
- Mining planks or timber used to prevent rocks from falling in a shaft or drift
Origin of lagging; from lag + -ing
- Insulation used to prevent heat diffusion, as from a steam pipe.
- A wooden frame built especially to support the sides of an arch until the keystone is positioned.
Origin of laggingFrom lag2.
(comparative more lagging, superlative most lagging)
- falling behind, not keeping up the pace
- Occurring after; indicating the later phase of
(usually uncountable, plural laggings)
- Present participle of lag.