intransitive verb lagged, lagging
- to fall, move, or stay behind; loiter; linger
- to move or develop more slowly than expected, desired, etc.; be retarded in motion, development, etc.
- to become gradually less intense, strong, etc.; wane; flag
- to toss a marble toward a line marked on the ground to determine the order of play
- Billiards to strike the cue ball so that it rebounds from the far rail to stop as close as possible to the near rail or the string line: done to decide the order of play
? akin to obs. Dan lakke, to go slowly