- simple past tense and past participle of plod
The astronaut plodded on the moon's surface.
Plodded is defined as moved heavily or with a lot of effort.
An example of plodded is what the astronaut did when walking with very heavy boots on.
- She plodded slowly away from her feed trough.
- After I hung up the phone, I plodded to the kitchen where I found a half bottle of Canadian Club.
- After a brief look at her, he plodded back out of the dairy.
- Fred O'Connor plodded down the stairs carrying a wrapped present and set it by her chair.
- Dean heaved a deep sigh and plodded out to the kitchen for coffee.