A jejune breakfast.
- An example of a jejune diet is donuts for breakfast.
- An example of a jejune story is a ten minute story about someone eating a piece of celery.
- An example of a jejune act is an adult pouting about not getting their way.
The definition of jejune is something that is not nourishing, is not interesting or is childish.
- not nourishing; barren
- not interesting or satisfying; dull or empty
Origin of jejune? by confusion with juvenile not mature; childish
Origin of jejuneClassical Latin jejunus, empty, dry, barren
- Not interesting; dull: “and there pour forth jejune words and useless empty phrases” ( Anthony Trollope )
- Lacking maturity; childish: surprised by their jejune responses to our problems.
- Lacking in nutrition: a jejune diet.
Origin of jejuneFrom Latin iēiūnus meager, dry, fasting
From Latin iēiūnus.