- Resembling a sketch; drawn with little detail: a sketchy map.
- Missing important points or lacking in detail; not thorough: sketchy evidence; sketchy memories.
- Informal a. Of questionable authenticity or trustworthiness: a sketchy accent; a sketchy character.b. Of dubious safety; potentially harmful or dangerous: a sketchy neighborhood.
(comparative sketchier, superlative sketchiest)
- Roughly or hastily laid out; intended for later refinement.
- The first draft included a sketchy design.
- Resembling a comedy sketch, of sketch quality.
- (slang) Of questionable or doubtful quality.
- The sketchy repair job did not look like it would hold.
- (slang, of a person) Suspected of taking part in illicit or dishonorable dealings.
- Because he is so sketchy, I always think that he is up to something.
- (slang, of a person) Disturbing or unnerving, often in such a way that others may suspect them of intending physical or sexual harm or harassment.
- Jack is so sketchy, I think he's stalking me.
sketch +"Ž -y