A fashion designer works on a sketch.
- The definition of a sketch is a rough design without much detail.
An example of sketch is what a clothing designer creates before starting on the actual garment.
- Sketch is defined as to create rough, undetailed drawings.
An example of sketch is for a designer to create a simple drawing of a garment he plans to sew.
- a simple, rough drawing or design, done rapidly and without much detail
- a brief plan or description of major parts or points; outline
- a short, light, informal story, description, play, skit, or piece of music
Origin of sketchearlier schitz from Dutch schets from Italian schizzo from Classical Latin schedium, extempore poem from Classical Greek schedios, extempore, sudden from schein, to hold: see scheme
- to draw quickly or in outline
- to give a brief description of; outline: usually with out
- A hasty or undetailed drawing or painting often made as a preliminary study.
- A brief general account or presentation; an outline.
- a. A brief, light, or informal literary composition, such as an essay or a short story.b. Music A brief composition, especially for the piano.c. A short, often satirical scene or play in a revue or variety show; a skit.
- Informal An amusing person.
verbsketched, sketch·ing, sketch·es
Origin of sketchDutch schets from Italian schizzo from schizzare to splash of imitative origin