The taped outline of a body at a crime scene.
- Outline is defined as a short or abbreviated version of something.
- An example of an outline is the list of topics to be covered in the report.
- An example of an outline is the notes on cards for a speech.
- The definition of an outline is the drawn edge of a shape or image.
An example of an outline is the taped outline of a body in a crime scene.
- To outline is to summarize the main points or to draw the outer edge of something.
- An example of to outline is to write the important details of a planned novel before you write it.
- An example of to outline is trace the shape of the cat before filling in the details in a painting.
- a line bounding the limits of an object, showing its shape; contour line
- a sketch showing only the contours of an object without use of shading
- a general plan without detail
- a summary of a subject, consisting of a systematic listing of its most important points
- to draw a profile of; draw in outline
- to give or write an outline, or the main points, of
- A line indicating the outer contours or boundaries of an object or figure: could see the outlines of an animal in the dark.
- a. A style of drawing in which objects are delineated in contours without shading.b. A sketch done in this style.
- a. A summary of a text or subject, usually presented in headings and subheadings.b. A preliminary draft or plan, as of a project or proposal.
transitive verbout·lined, out·lin·ing, out·lines
- To draw or trace an outline of.
- To display or accentuate the outline of: His face was outlined on the lampshade.
- To give the main features or various aspects of; summarize: outlined the major provisions of the tax bill.
- A line marking the boundary of an object figure.
- The outer shape of an object or figure.
- A sketch or drawing in which objects are delineated in contours without shading.
- A general description of some subject.
- A statement summarizing the important points of a text.
- A preliminary plan for a project.
- the outline of a speech
- (film industry) A prose telling of a story intended to be turned into a screenplay; generally longer and more detailed than a treatment.
(third-person singular simple present outlines, present participle outlining, simple past and past participle outlined)