- The definition of framework is a support structure or system that holds parts together, has something stretched over it or acts as the main structure.
- An example of a framework is four posts supporting a deck cover.
- An example of a framework is an outline created before writing an essay.
framework definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a structure, usually rigid, serving to hold the parts of something together or to support something constructed or stretched over or around it
- the basic structure, arrangement, or system
- frame of reference (sense )
framework definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A structure for supporting or enclosing something else, especially a skeletal support used as the basis for something being constructed.
- An external work platform; a scaffold.
- A fundamental structure, as for a written work.
- A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality.