- The definition of inside is inner, indoor or private.
An example of inside used as an adjective is in the phrase "inside door."
- Inside is defined as inner parts, or within the limits.
An example of inside used as an adverb is in the phrase "go inside."
- Inside means the inner area.
An example of the inside is the living space of a home.
- Inside is defined as the inner part of something.
An example of inside is what is in the envelope; inside the envelope.
This woman is inside the back of this truck.
inside definition by Webster's New World
- the part lying within; inner side, surface, or part; interior
- the part closest to something specified or implied, as the part of a sidewalk closest to the buildings
- Informal the internal organs of the body, as the stomach and intestines
- on or in the inside; internal
- of or suited for the inside
- working or used indoors; indoor
- ☆ known only to insiders; secret or private: the inside story
- Baseball passing between home plate and the batter
- on or to the inside; within
- in or to the inside or inner part of
- within the limits of: inside an hour
inside definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. An inner or interior part.b. Inward character, perceptions, or feelings: felt good on the inside about volunteering to help.
- An inner side or surface.
- The part away from the edge; the middle part.
- insides Informal a. The inner organs; entrails.b. The inner parts or workings: the insides of a TV set.
- Slang Confidential or secret information.
- Inner; interior.
- Relating to, known to, or coming from an exclusive group: inside information; an inside joke.
- Baseball Passing on the side of home plate nearer the batter. Used of a pitch.
- Into or in the interior; within.
- On the inner side.
- Slang In prison.
- Within: We'll be there inside an hour.
- a. On the inner side or part of: inside the package.b. Into the interior of: going inside the house.
inside - Phrases/Idioms
- with the inside where the outside should be; reversed
- Informal thoroughly; completely
on the inside
- â in a position allowing access to secret information, special advantage or favor, etc.
- in one's inner thoughts or feelings
- With the inner surface turned out; reversed: wore the sweatshirt inside out. Informal
- As completely as possible; thoroughly: knew the city inside out.
on the inside