- the internal organs of the body; viscera; entrails
- the inner parts of anything
Origin of innardsaltered ; from inwards
- Internal bodily organs; viscera.
- The inner parts, as of a machine.
Origin of innardsAlteration of inwards, pl. of inward.
- plural form of innard
- The internal organs of a human or animal; especially viscera, intestines.
- The inner workings of something; the insides or guts.
- He took the cover off his computer and looked at the innards.
- This word is most frequently used in the plural/collective sense, as above.
alteration of inwards