- The definition of intramural is something within the limits or boundaries of a college or city.
An example of intramural is the sports program of a college where teams from the same college compete for a college-wide title; intramural sports.
intramural definition by Webster's New World
- within the walls or limits of a city, college, etc.
- between or among members of the same school, college, etc.: intramural athletics
- Anat. within the substance of the walls of an organ
Origin: intra- plush mural
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- intramurally adverb
intramural definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Existing or carried on within the bounds of an institution, especially a school: intramural athletics.
- Anatomy Occurring or situated within the wall of a cavity or organ.
- inˌtra·muˈral·ly adverb
intramural - Medical Definition
Occurring or situated within the walls of a cavity or organ.