The definition of intramural is something within the limits or boundaries of a college or city.adjective
An example of intramural is the sports program of a college where teams from the same college compete for a college-wide title; intramural sports.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- within the walls or limits of a city, college, etc.
- between or among members of the same school, college, etc.: intramural athletics
- Anat. within the substance of the walls of an organ
Origin: intra- + mural
- intramurally adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Existing or carried on within the bounds of an institution, especially a school: intramural athletics.
- Anatomy Occurring or situated within the wall of a cavity or organ.
- inˌtra·muˈral·ly adverb
intramural - Medical Definition