- The definition of intramural is something within the limits or boundaries of a college or city.
An example of intramural is the sports program of a college where teams from the same college compete for a college-wide title; intramural sports.
- within the walls or limits of a city, college, etc.
- between or among members of the same school, college, etc.: intramural athletics
- Anat. within the substance of the walls of an organ
Origin of intramuralintra- + mural
- Existing or carried on within the bounds of an institution, especially a school: intramural athletics.
- Anatomy Occurring or situated within the wall of a cavity or organ.
(comparative more intramural, superlative most intramural)