The Super Bowl is a competition.
- The definition of a competition is a contest, sports match or rivalry.
- The Super Bowl is an example of a competition.
- American Idol is an example of a competition.
- the act of competing; rivalry
- a contest, or match
- official participation in organized sport
- opposition, or effective opposition, in a contest or match
- rivalry in business, as for customers or markets
- the person or persons against whom one competes
- Ecol. the struggle among individual organisms for food, water, space, etc. when the available supply is limited
Origin of competitionClassical Latin competitio
- The act of competing, as for profit or a prize; rivalry.
- A test of skill or ability; a contest: a skating competition.
- Rivalry between two or more businesses striving for the same customer or market.
- A competitor: The competition has cornered the market.
- Ecology The simultaneous demand by two or more organisms for limited environmental resources, such as nutrients, living space, or light.
(countable and uncountable, plural competitions)
- (uncountable) The action of competing.
- The competition for this job is strong.
- (countable) A contest for a prize or award.
- The newspaper is featuring a competition to win a car.
- (uncountable, collectively) The competitors in such a contest.
- The new stain remover was ten times more effective than the competition.
competition - Legal Definition
Rivalry, as between two individuals or entities, a quest to secure an advantage over another; in business, rivalry for customers or a share of the marketplace. See unfair competition.