emulation[em′yo̵̅o̅ lā′s̸hən, -yə-]
- Emulation is defined as the act of trying to match or equal someone.
Looking up to your older sister and wanting to be just like her is an example ofemulation.
- the act of emulating
- desire or ambition to equal or surpass
- ambitious rivalry
- envious dislike
- Comput. the act or an instance of using an emulator
Origin of emulationClassical Latin aemulatio
emulation - Computer Definition
- The process of imitating a computer or computer software program.Terminal emulation, for example, is the process by which a microcomputer imitates a dumb terminal in order to communicate with a mainframe computer.
- Circuit emulation is the process by which a broadband circuit can support many virtual circuits (VCs), with each performing as a distinct legacy physical circuit. See also broadband, circuit, dumb terminal, mainframe, microcomputer, and VC.