- Emulation is defined as the act of trying to match or equal someone.
Looking up to your older sister and wanting to be just like her is an example ofemulation.
emulation definition by Webster's New World
- the act of emulating
- desire or ambition to equal or surpass
- ambitious rivalry
- envious dislike
- Comput. the act or an instance of using an emulator
Origin: Classical Latin aemulatio
emulation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Effort or ambition to equal or surpass another.
- Imitation of another.
- Computer Science The process or technique of emulating.
- Obsolete Jealous rivalry.
emulation - Computer Definition
- The process of imitating a computer or computer software program.Terminal emulation, for example, is the process by which a microcomputer imitates a dumb terminal in order to communicate with a mainframe computer.
- Circuit emulation is the process by which a broadband circuit can support many virtual circuits (VCs), with each performing as a distinct legacy physical circuit. See also broadband, circuit, dumb terminal, mainframe, microcomputer, and VC.