- The definition of competitive is relating to a situation for a win, or having a strong desire to win or to be the best.
- An example of competitive is the process in major league baseball teams play against each other.
- An example of competitive is a student who wants to be number one in her class.
competitive definition by Webster's New World
- of, involving, or based on competition
- likely to succeed in competition: a competitive team
competitive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, involving, or determined by competition: competitive games.
- Liking competition or inclined to compete: a highly competitive teammate.
- Biochemistry Relating to the inhibition of enzyme activity that results from the reversible combination of an enzyme with an alternate compound and prevents normal substrate binding.
- com·petˈi·tive·ly adverb
- com·petˈi·tive·ness noun