competitive[kəm pet′ə tiv]
- The definition of competitive is relating to a situation for a win, or having a strong desire to win or to be the best.
- An example of competitive is the process in major league baseball teams play against each other.
- An example of competitive is a student who wants to be number one in her class.
- of, involving, or based on competition
- likely to succeed in competition: a competitive team
- Of, involving, or determined by competition: competitive games.
- Liking competition or inclined to compete: a highly competitive teammate.
- Biochemistry Relating to the inhibition of enzyme activity that results from the reversible combination of an enzyme with an alternate compound and prevents normal substrate binding.
(comparative more competitive, superlative most competitive)
- (of or pertaining to competition): cooperative