- The definition of cooperation is people working together to achieve results or people helping each other out to achieve a common goal.
An example of cooperation is when one person hands you a brick and you lay the brick.
cooperation definition by Webster's New World
- the act of cooperating; joint effort or operation
- the association of a number of people in an enterprise for mutual benefits or profits
- Ecol. an interaction between organisms that is largely beneficial to all those participating
Origin: Late Latin cooperatio
cooperation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or practice of cooperating.
- The association of persons or businesses for common, usually economic, benefit.
- co·opˌer·aˈtion·ist noun