An example of cooperation is when one person hands you a brick and you lay the brick.
- the act of cooperating; joint effort or operation
- the association of a number of people in an enterprise for mutual benefits or profits
- Ecol. an interaction between organisms that is largely beneficial to all those participating
Origin of cooperationLate Latin cooperatio
- The act or practice of cooperating.
- The association of persons or businesses for common, usually economic, benefit.
(countable and uncountable, plural cooperations)
1620–30, from Middle French cooperation, from Late Latin cooperatio
- Alternative spelling of cooperation.