- The definition of an obstruction is something that gets in the way, sticks out or blocks passage.
- An example of an obstruction is hiding evidence in a court case; obstruction of justice.
- An example of an obstruction is a science project sticking off of a table making it hard to get around.
- An example of an obstruction is a fallen tree on the road.
This fallen tree is an obstruction.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- an obstructing or being obstructed
- anything that obstructs; hindrance
Origin: L obstructio
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One that obstructs; an obstacle. See Synonyms at obstacle.
- a. The act or an instance of obstructing.b. The condition of being obstructed.
- The act of causing a delay or an attempt to cause a delay in the conduct of business, especially in a legislative body.
- Sports The act of impeding another player in a match or race.
obstruction - Medical Definition
- The blocking of a body passage, as by clogging or stricture.
- The state of being obstructed.
- Something, such as a mass or stricture, that obstructs.