An impediment to this cars' movement is this wheel clamp.
The definition of an impediment is an obstacle or something that prevents action.
An example of impediment is a rain storm for a ball game.
- Now Rare an impeding or being impeded; obstruction
- anything that impedes; specif.,
- a speech defect; stutter, lisp, stammer, etc.in full speech impediment
- anything preventing the making of a legal contract, esp. of a marriage contract
- R.C.Ch. anything making marriage or ordination invalid or illicit
- a speech defect; stutter, lisp, stammer, etc.
Origin of impedimentMiddle English ; from Classical Latin impedimentum, hindrance
- a. Something that impedes; a hindrance or obstruction.b. Law Something that obstructs the making of a legal contract.
- A physical defect, especially one that interferes with speech.
Origin of impedimentMiddle English, from Old French, from Latin impedīmentum, from impedīre, to impede; see impede.
- im·ped′i·men′tal , im·ped′i·men′ta·ry
From Latin impedimentum.