- Promotion is defined as the act of being elevated to a higher status, or a program that sells or advertises something.
- An example of promotion is the job of president when before you were vice president.
- An example of promotion is a flyer that advertises a sale or new store opening.
- An example of promotion is a sale where you get two boxes of cereal for the price of one.
- advancement in rank, grade, or position
- furtherance of an enterprise, cause, etc.
Origin: Middle English from Middle French from Late Latin promotio
- promotional adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of promoting or the fact of being promoted; advancement.
- Encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something; furtherance.
- Advertising; publicity.
- pro·moˈtion·al adjective
- pro·moˈtion·al·ly adverb
promotion - Business Definition
- An advancement in job rank, generally at higher pay.
- An activity designed to increase the demand for a good or service. For example, an advertising firm designs a promotion for a new hybrid vehicle being introduced by an automobile manufacturer.
promotion - Medical Definition