- Exaltation is defined as a feeling of ecstasy or extreme happiness, or the act of praising someone highly.
- When you have just had a new baby and are incredibly happy, the feeling you feel is an example of exaltation.
- When an author receives rave reviews and is hailed as the greatest of our time, this is an example of exaltation.
exaltation definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- an exalting or being exalted
- a feeling of great joy, pride, power, etc.; elation; rapture
Origin: Middle English exaltacioun ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin exaltatio
exaltation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of exalting or the condition of being exalted.
- A state or feeling of intense, often excessive exhilaration or well-being.
- A flight of larks. See Synonyms at flock1.