- Exaltation is defined as a feeling of ecstasy or extreme happiness, or the act of praising someone highly.
- When you have just had a new baby and are incredibly happy, the feeling you feel is an example of exaltation.
- When an author receives rave reviews and is hailed as the greatest of our time, this is an example of exaltation.
- an exalting or being exalted
- a feeling of great joy, pride, power, etc.; elation; rapture
Origin: Middle English exaltacioun ; from Ecclesiastical Late Latin exaltatio
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of exalting or the condition of being exalted.
- A state or feeling of intense, often excessive exhilaration or well-being.
- A flight of larks. See Synonyms at flock1.