- When you have just had a new baby and are incredibly happy, the feeling you feel is an example of exaltation.
- When an author receives rave reviews and is hailed as the greatest of our time, this is an example of exaltation.
Exaltation is defined as a feeling of ecstasy or extreme happiness, or the act of praising someone highly.
- an exalting or being exalted
- a feeling of great joy, pride, power, etc.; elation; rapture
Origin of exaltationMiddle English exaltacioun from Ecclesiastical Late Latin exaltatio
- The act of exalting or the condition of being exalted.
- A state or feeling of intense, often excessive exhilaration or well-being.
- A flight of larks.
- The act of exalting or raising high; also, the state of being exalted; elevation.
- The refinement or subtilization of a body, or the increasing of its virtue or principal property.
- (astrology) That placement of a planet in the zodiac in which it is deemed to exert its strongest influence.
- (rare) The collective noun for larks.