The definition of animation is the act of giving life.
An artist creating a cartoon is an example of an act of animation.
- an animating or being animated
- an animate condition; life
- vivacity; brisk, lively quality
- the preparation of animated cartoons
- animated cartoon
- The act, process, or result of imparting life, interest, spirit, motion, or activity.
- The quality or condition of being alive, active, spirited, or vigorous.
- a. The art or process of making movies with drawings, computer graphics, or photographs of static objects, including all techniques other than the continuous filming of live-action images.b. Images or special effects created through animation.
- The act of animating, or giving life or spirit.
- (animation, in the sense of a cartoon) The technique of making inanimate objects or drawings appear to move in motion pictures or computer graphics.
- The state of being lively, brisk, or full of spirit and vigor; vivacity; spiritedness
- He recited the story with great animation.
- The condition of being animate or alive.
- (linguistics) conversion from the inanimate to animate grammatical category
From Latin animatio, from animare.