- Vitality is having the capacity to live and grow, or physical or mental energy or strength.
An example of vitality is a person who is young, strong and excited about all aspects of life.
- vital force
- power to live or go on living
- power, as of an institution, to endure or survive
- mental or physical vigor; energy
Origin: L vitalitas
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. vi·tal·i·ties
- The capacity to live, grow, or develop: plants that lost their vitality when badly pruned.
- Physical or intellectual vigor; energy. See Synonyms at vigor.
- The characteristic, principle, or force that distinguishes living things from nonliving things.
- Power to survive: the vitality of an old tradition.
vitality - Medical Definition
- The capacity to live, grow, or develop.
- Physical or intellectual vigor; energy.