- Vigor is defined as strength and health.
An example of vigor is the vitality of a strong young man.
- active physical or mental force or strength; vitality
- active or healthy growth: the vigor of a plant
- intensity, force, or energy: the vigor of her denial
- effective legal or binding force; validity: a law that is still in vigor
Origin of vigorMiddle English vigour ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin vigor ; from vigere, to be strong ; from vegere: see wake
- Physical or mental strength, energy, or force: Our vigor was depleted by the hot weather.
- The capacity for natural growth and survival, as of plants or animals.
- Strong feeling; enthusiasm or intensity: argued his point with great vigor.
Origin of vigorMiddle English, from Old French, from Latin, from vigēre, to be lively; see weg- in Indo-European roots.