- simple past tense and past participle of vignette
Variant of vignette
- an ornamental design (originally one of vine leaves, tendrils, and grapes) or illustration used on a page of a book, magazine, etc., as at the beginning or end of a chapter or section
- a picture, photograph, film image, etc. with no definite border, shading off gradually at the edges into the background
- a short literary sketch or description
- a short, carefully constructed scene in a film, play, etc.; specif., one regarded as subtle, sensitive, etc.
Origin of vignetteFrench diminutive ; from vigne, vine, vine