- Rapture is a feeling of being carried away by extreme happiness, love or pleasure.
- An example of rapture is how a chocoholic feels when eating chocolate cake.
- An example of rapture is how a flower lover feels when submerged in a flower garden.
A chocoholics rapture.
rapture definition by Webster's New World
- the state of being carried away with joy, love, etc.; ecstasy
- an expression of great joy, pleasure, etc.
- a carrying away or being carried away in body or spirit: now rare except in theological usage
Origin: Midieval Latin raptura: see rapt and amp; -ure
rapture definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The state of being transported by a lofty emotion; ecstasy.
- An expression of ecstatic feeling. Often used in the plural.
- The transporting of a person from one place to another, especially to heaven.
Origin: Obsolete French, abduction, carrying off, from rapt, carried away, from Old French rat, from Latin raptus; see rapt .
rapture - Phrases/Idioms