raptorial[rap tôr′ē əl]
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- predatory: said esp. of a bird of prey
- adapted for seizing prey: raptorial claws
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Subsisting by seizing prey; predatory.
- Adapted for the seizing of prey.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of birds of prey.