enchantment[en c̸hant′mənt, in-]
- Enchantment is defined as a feeling of great delight or a feeling of being captivated, or under a spell.
- When you are delighted and captivated with watching the waves crash on the sea shore, this is an example of enchantment.
- The magic spell cast on the prince in Beauty and the Beast that turned him into a beast was an example of enchantment.
- an enchanting or being enchanted
- a magic spell or charm
- something that charms or delights greatly
- great delight or pleasure
Origin of enchantmentMiddle English and amp; Old French enchantement: see enchant and amp; -ment
- a. The act of enchanting.b. The state of being enchanted.
- Something that enchants.
(countable and uncountable, plural enchantments)
From Old French enchantement