The definition of bliss is complete happiness.noun
- An example of bliss is what someone feels after a relaxing massage.
- An example of bliss is the act of doing work you love.
- great joy or happiness
- spiritual joy; heavenly rapture
- any cause of bliss
Origin: ME blisse < OE bliss, bliths, joy < blithe, blithe
intransitive verb, transitive verb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Extreme happiness; ecstasy.
- The ecstasy of salvation; spiritual joy.
Origin: Middle English blisse, from Old English bliss, from blīths, from blīthe, joyful; see blithe.
- blissˈful adjective
- blissˈful·ly adverb
- blissˈful·ness noun