- The definition of bliss is complete happiness.
- An example of bliss is what someone feels after a relaxing massage.
- An example of bliss is the act of doing work you love.
This woman is in a state of bliss.
- great joy or happiness
- spiritual joy; heavenly rapture
- any cause of bliss
Origin of blissMiddle English blisse ; from Old English bliss, bliths, joy ; from blithe, blithe
to experience or produce ecstasy or intense pleasure or satisfaction from or as if from a hallucinogenic drug or a mystical experience: usually with out
- Extreme happiness; ecstasy.
- The ecstasy of salvation; spiritual joy.
Origin of blissMiddle English blisse, from Old English bliss, from blīths, from blīthe, joyful; see blithe.
(countable and uncountable, plural blisses)
- perfect happiness
Old English bliss.