- The definition of bliss is complete happiness.
- An example of bliss is what someone feels after a relaxing massage.
- An example of bliss is the act of doing work you love.
This woman is in a state of bliss.
bliss definition by Webster's New World
- great joy or happiness
- spiritual joy; heavenly rapture
- any cause of bliss
Origin: Middle English blisse ; from Old English bliss, bliths, joy ; from blithe, blithe
bliss definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Extreme happiness; ecstasy.
- The ecstasy of salvation; spiritual joy.
Origin: Middle English blisse, from Old English bliss, from blīths, from blīthe, joyful; see blithe.
- blissˈful adjective
- blissˈful·ly adverb
- blissˈful·ness noun