This woman is in a state of bliss.
- An example of bliss is what someone feels after a relaxing massage.
- An example of bliss is the act of doing work you love.
The definition of bliss is complete happiness.
- great joy or happiness
- spiritual joy; heavenly rapture
- any cause of bliss
Origin of blissMiddle English blisse from Old English bliss, bliths, joy from blithe, blithe
to experience or produce ecstasy or intense pleasure or satisfaction from or as if from a hallucinogenic drug or a mystical experience: usually with out
- Extreme happiness; ecstasy.
- The ecstasy of salvation; spiritual joy.
Origin of blissMiddle English blisse from Old English bliss from blīths from blīthe joyful ; see blithe .
(countable and uncountable, plural blisses)
- perfect happiness
Old English bliss.