This girl dislikes milk.
- The definition of a dislike is a feeling of not liking someone or something.
An example of a dislike is bittersweet chocolate to a person who only likes milk chocolate.
- To dislike is to feel distaste or hostility towards someone or something.
If you think milk tastes gross, this is an example of a situation where you dislike milk.
transitive verbdisliked, disliking
- a feeling of not liking; distaste; aversion; antipathy
- something disliked
transitive verbdis·liked, dis·lik·ing, dis·likes
- dis·lik′a·ble, dis·like′a·ble
(third-person singular simple present dislikes, present participle disliking, simple past and past participle disliked)
- This is a catenative verb that takes the gerund (-ing).
From dis- + like.