- To disapprove is defined as to disagree with or be against something, or to express the fact that you are against something instead of in favor of it.
When you do not like your child's behavior and are against the way he or she is acting, this is an example of a time when you disapprove of the behavior.
This child disapproves of her meal.
transitive verbdisapproved, disapproving
- to have or express an unfavorable opinion of; consider (something) wrong; condemn
- to refuse to approve; reject
verbdis·ap·proved, dis·ap·prov·ing, dis·ap·proves
- To have an unfavorable opinion of; condemn.
- To refuse to approve; reject.
(third-person singular simple present disapproves, present participle disapproving, simple past and past participle disapproved)
dis- + approve