- To disapprove is defined as to disagree with or be against something, or to express the fact that you are against something instead of in favor of it.
When you do not like your child's behavior and are against the way he or she is acting, this is an example of a time when you disapprove of the behavior.
disapprove definition by Webster's New World
- to have or express an unfavorable opinion of; consider (something) wrong; condemn
- to refuse to approve; reject
- disapprovingly adverb
disapprove definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb dis·ap·proved, dis·ap·prov·ing, dis·ap·proves verb, transitive
- To have an unfavorable opinion of; condemn.
- To refuse to approve; reject.
- disˌap·provˈer noun
- disˌap·provˈing·ly adverb