- The definition of alienation is the state of a person who has disengaged themselves or have been alienated from the attentions from a person, place, or thing they once enjoyed.
An example of alienation is when a cheating wife is discovered by her husband, and he can no longer stand to be around her so he files for divorce.
- an alienating or being alienated; specif., estrangement or detachment
- mental derangement; insanity
Origin of alienationMiddle English and amp; Old French ; from Classical Latin alienatio, separation, aversion, aberration (of the mind): see alienate
- The act of alienating or the condition of being alienated; estrangement: Alcoholism often leads to the alienation of family and friends.
- Emotional isolation or dissociation.
- Law The act of transferring property or title to it to another.
(usually uncountable, plural alienations)
alienation - Legal Definition