- Endearment is defined as affection, or to words used to express affection.
- The love you feel for friends, family or pets is an example of endearment.
- The nickname "love" or "sweety" are examples of endearments.
A father kisses his babys foot in an act of endearment.
endearment definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- an endearing or being endeared; affection
- a word or act expressing affection
endearment definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of endearing.
- An expression of affection, such as a caress.