- an endearing or being endeared; affection
- a word or act expressing affection
A father kisses his babys foot in an act of endearment.
- The love you feel for friends, family or pets is an example of endearment.
- The nickname "love" or "sweety" are examples of endearments.
Endearment is defined as affection, or to words used to express affection.
- The act of endearing.
- An expression of affection, such as a caress.
endear + -ment
- Terms of Endearment (1983) - Shirley MacLaine stars as a woman who is devoted to her daughter until the very end when she's demanding the hospital staff give her drugs to ease her pain.
- Jack Nicholson actually has three awards, however, since he also won a Best Supporting Actor statue in 1983 for Terms of Endearment.
- The English language may have phrases such as "my pet" as a term of endearment, but the French love animal pet names when flirting.
- Flirting phrases in French language tend to be compliments, terms of endearment, and casual banter between two people.
- Perhaps your pet's name is a family name, endearment, description or reflection of a habit.