endearment [en dir′mənt, in-]
Endearment is defined as affection, or to words used to express affection.noun
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- The love you feel for friends, family or pets is an example of endearment.
- The nickname "love" or "sweety" are examples of endearments.
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- an endearing or being endeared; affection
- a word or act expressing affection
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act of endearing.
- An expression of affection, such as a caress.