- The definition of attachment is a personal connection, or feeling of kinship.
When a mother gives birth to her child, it is an example of an attachment.
- Attachment is defined as an additional piece of some type which connects to a specific kind of equipment.
An example of an attachment is the extra nozzles used on an air compressor which allows one to find the right fit, depending on what needs to be filled with air.
- Attachment means the physical putting together of two things.
An example of an attachment is the paper proving income a person includes with their application for a loan.
- Attachment is the court document ordering something be taken by law, and the actual act of taking it.
- An example of an attachment is a court document demanding a car be seized for non-payment, and immediately returned to the dealership.
- When a person hired to retrieve a piece of unpaid artwork goes and gets it, it is an example of attachment.
- the act of attaching something
- anything used for attaching; fastening
- affectionate regard or devotion
- anything added or attached
- an accessory for an electrical appliance, machine, etc.
- a taking of property into the custody of a court
- a writ authorizing this
- The act of attaching or the condition of being attached.
- Something, such as a tie, band, or fastener, that attaches one thing to another.
- A bond, as of affection or loyalty; fond regard.
- a. A supplementary part; an accessory: bought a vacuum cleaner with several attachments.b. A supplementary document that is attached to a primary document: stapled two attachments to the memorandum.
- Law a. Legal seizure of property.b. The writ ordering such a seizure.
(countable and uncountable, plural attachments)
- The act or process of (physically or figuratively) attaching.
- A strong bonding towards or with.
- I have such an attachment towards my fiancé!
- A dependence, especially a strong one.
- A device attached to a piece of equipment or a tool.
- The means by which something is physically attached.
- (computing) A file sent along with an email.
- (law) Taking a person's property to satisfy a court-ordered debt.
- attachment of earnings
- (meteorology) The act or process by which any (downward) leader connects to any available (upward) streamer in a lightning flash.
attachment - Computer Definition
attachment - Legal Definition
- The seizure or freezing of property by court order while an action is pending so that its ownership can be determined, it can be secured to be sold to satisfy a judgment, or its sale or transfer can be prevented so that any future judgment arising from the action may later be secured or satisfied. See also garnishment and replevin.
- The writ ordering such a seizure or freezing of property.
- In commercial law, the creation of a security interest in property when the debtor agrees to the security, receives value from the secured party, and obtains rights in the property.