- Attachment is the court document ordering something be taken by law, and the actual act of taking it.
- An example of an attachment is a court document demanding a car be seized for non-payment, and immediately returned to the dealership.
- When a person hired to retrieve a piece of unpaid artwork goes and gets it, it is an example of attachment.
- The definition of attachment is a personal connection, or feeling of kinship.
When a mother gives birth to her child, it is an example of an attachment.
- Attachment is defined as an additional piece of some type which connects to a specific kind of equipment.
An example of an attachment is the extra nozzles used on an air compressor which allows one to find the right fit, depending on what needs to be filled with air.
- Attachment means the physical putting together of two things.
An example of an attachment is the paper proving income a person includes with their application for a loan.
attachment definition by Webster's New World
- the act of attaching something
- anything used for attaching; fastening
- affectionate regard or devotion
- anything added or attached
- an accessory for an electrical appliance, machine, etc.
- a taking of property into the custody of a court
- a writ authorizing this
attachment definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of attaching or the condition of being attached.
- Something, such as a tie, band, or fastener, that attaches one thing to another.
- A bond, as of affection or loyalty; fond regard.
- a. A supplementary part; an accessory: bought a vacuum cleaner with several attachments. See Synonyms at appendage.b. A supplementary document that is attached to a primary document: stapled two attachments to the memorandum.
- Law a. Legal seizure of property or a person.b. The writ ordering such a seizure.
attachment - Business Definition
- A court order that permits a party to take something of value from another party. For example, a person who is injured by another party may obtain a court order attaching certain property of the person at fault.
- An addition to an insurance policy.
attachment - Computer Definition
attachment - Legal Definition
- The seizure or freezing of property by court order while an action is pending so that its ownership can be determined, it can be secured to be sold to satisfy a judgment, or its sale or transfer can be prevented so that any future judgment arising from the action may later be secured or satisfied. See also garnishment and replevin.
- The writ ordering such a seizure or freezing of property.
- In commercial law, the creation of a security interest in property when the debtor agrees to the security, receives value from the secured party, and obtains rights in the property.