- An example of a fixture is a bath water faucet.
- An example of a fixture is a person who has been the city librarian for thirty years.
The definition of a fixture is something set firmly in place.
- anything firmly in place
- any of the fittings or furniture of a house, store, etc. attached to the building and, ordinarily, considered legally a part of it: bathroom fixtures
- any person or thing that has remained in a situation or place so long as to seem fixed there
- Chiefly Brit. a well-established, regularly occurring sports or social event
Origin of fixture; from Middle English fixure (; from Late Latin fixura ; from Classical Latin fixus: see fix), altered by analogy with mixture
- Something securely fixed in place.
- Something attached as a permanent appendage, apparatus, or appliance: plumbing fixtures.
- Law An item of personal property that is physically attached to a property and becomes part of it, as a machine that is installed.
- One that is invariably present in and long associated with a place: a journalist who became a Washington fixture.
- a. The act or process of fixing.b. The condition of being fixed.
Origin of fixtureVariant of obsolete fixure, from Late Latin f&imacron;x&umacron;ra, from Latin f&imacron;xus, fixed; see fix.
- (law) Something that is fixed in place, especially a permanent appliance or other item of personal property that is considered part of a house and is sold with it.
- A regular patron of a place or institution.
- A lighting unit; a luminaire.
- (sports) A scheduled match.
- (computing, programming) A state that can be recreated, used as a baseline for running software tests.
- A work-holding or support device used in the manufacturing industry.
(third-person singular simple present fixtures, present participle fixturing, simple past and past participle fixtured)
fixture - Legal Definition
Personal property that is attached to a structure or to land in such a way as to be considered a part of it.Trade fixture
Items attached to premises by a tenant for purposes of conducting a business; for example, ovens in a restaurant.