Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- a person or thing that knocks; specif.,
- a small metal ring, hammer, etc. attached by a hinge to a door, for use in knocking for admittance
- ☆ Informal a faultfinder
- Slang a breast: usually used in pl.: a somewhat vulgar term
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A hinged fixture, such as a metal ring or bar, used for knocking on a door.
- knockers Vulgar Slang A woman's breasts.
- A goblin or dwarf said to live under the earth and direct miners to ore by knocking.