- Toilet means something related to grooming or getting dressed.
An example of toilet are travel-sized soaps and shampoos; toilet items.
- The definition of a toilet is a seat with a hole or hole in the ground where a person urinates or has a bowel movement, or a room where this seat or hole in the ground is located.
An example of a toilet is a restroom.
toilet definition by Webster's New World
- Obsolete a dressing table
- the process of dressing or grooming oneself, esp., of dressing one's hair
- toilette; dress; attire; costume
- a room, shelter, etc. in which to defecate or urinate; specif., a small room with a bowl-shaped porcelain fixture for this purpose
- such a fixture, usually with a hinged seat and seat cover, having a device for flushing with water or, sometimes, a chemical solution, which is held in an attached tank
- the cleaning and dressing of a wound, esp. in surgery
Origin: Middle French toilette, origin, originally , cloth covering used in shaving or hairdressing ; from Old French toile, cloth: see toil
- of or for dressing or grooming oneself: toilet articles
- ☆ for a toilet (): a toilet brush
toilet definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. A fixture for defecation and urination, consisting of a bowl fitted with a hinged seat and connected to a waste pipe and a flushing apparatus; a privy.b. A room or booth containing such a fixture.
- The act or process of dressing or grooming oneself.
- Dress; attire; costume.
- The cleansing of a body area as part of a surgical or medical procedure.
- Archaic A dressing table.
Origin: French toilette, clothes bag, from Old French tellette, diminutive of teile, cloth; see toil2.