- a small chamber pot for a child
- a child's chair used for toilet training, consisting of an open seat beneath which a pot is attachedin full potty chair
- a toilet: a child's word
Origin of pottydiminutive of pot
- trivial; petty
- slightly crazy
Origin of pottyfrom pot (sense ) + -y
adjectivepot·ti·er, pot·ti·est Chiefly British
- Of little importance; trivial.
- Slightly intoxicated.
- Somewhat silly or crazy; addlebrained.
Origin of pottyPossibly from pot 1
- A small pot for use as a toilet by an infant or young child.
- A bathroom or toilet.
(third-person singular simple present potties, present participle pottying, simple past and past participle pottied)
- (intransitive, childish) Variant of go potty.
From pot (“chamberpot") +"Ž -y (“diminutive suffix").
(comparative pottier, superlative pottiest)
- (informal) Insane.
- The noise that the neighbour's kids were making was driving Fred potty.